| This page is maintained manually. It gets updated as soon as we learn new information.
Please click on the name of the cluster below in the table to quickly get to the corresponding section of this page. The outage schedule section is a single place where data about all scheduled outages are represented.
|| cluster is up and running
|| all users cannot login or submit jobs, or service is not working
|| some users can login and/or there are problems affecting your work
Grid Engine will not schedule any job with a run time (
h_rt) that extends into the beginning of a planned outage period. This is so the job will not be terminated prematurely when the system goes down.
- Glooscap capacity will be temporarily reduced by 1120 cores beginning the morning of October 29, in order to facilitate maintenance on the cooling systems in the Killam Data Centre. The work is scheduled to be completed by November 9. The head node and storage will remain accessible, as will about 30% of the compute capacity.
- 09:08, September 10, 2018 (ADT)
- The problem appears to be rather with the LDAP.
- 07:56, September 10, 2018 (ADT)
- We are investigating problems with the file-system
- 07:32, September 10, 2018 (ADT)
- Glooscap is back in service after a planned interruption this weekend (Sep 7-10). The metadata server component of the file system has been relocated and a full fschk has been run. We hope this will alleviate file system load problems.
- 10:54, September 10, 2018 (ADT)
- Glooscap is back in service again. We believe we may have identified a source of unusual load that was causing the trouble. Please check on the status of any jobs you have in the system to ensure they are running properly.
- 16:25, August 23, 2018 (ADT)
- Glooscap is not accepting logins again. The sysadmin is investigating the cause.
- 10:48, August 23, 2018 (ADT)
- Fundy has been retired from service.
- 10:01, April 5, 2018 (ADT)
- Mahone has been retired from service.
- 10:00, April 5, 2018 (ADT)