Wavelets February 23, 2011
CCDB User Registration Reminder
Project Leaders should have received an email with instructions for having their group members register with the CCDB. We would like to have all users registered by March 1, 2011. After this date, any account not registered with the CCDB may be unable to access ACENET resources. Individual users can register here.
New Purchase Survey
ACENET has some funds from its National Platform Fund award to make an addition to the Glooscap cluster at Dalhousie. We've created a very short survey so our users can help direct this purchase. The survey will close February 28. Please see here.
Placentia has a planned maintenance scheduled for February 28 until March 4. Grid Engine will not schedule any job whose run time (h_rt) extends into the outage period. Latest information on this website.
- VASP has been updated to version 5.2.11. The older version is still available.
- GAMBIT has been discontinued by Ansys. Our existing license will expire on March 6, 2011. Gambit has been replaced by similar functionality in the new versions of Fluent/CFX. Anyone needing assistance with this transition, please email support.
Spring 2011 Coast to Coast Seminar Series
Economics & Finance: The Global Financial Crisis - The One Constant is Change
- March 1, "Analysis of Contingent Capital Bonds in Merton-type Structural Models"
- Dr. Adam Metzler, Department of Applied Mathematics, University of Western Ontario
- March 15, "Bankers, Bonuses and Busts"
- Dr. Peter Forsyth, Cheriton School of Computer Science, University of Waterloo
- March 29, "A Framework for Modeling Network Risk"
- Dr. Ramazan Gençay and Dr. Daniele Signori, Department of Economics, Simon Fraser University
- Abstracts: http://irmacs.sfu.ca/events/coast-coast-abs
- Coordinated by: Dr. David McCaughan, SHARCNET － Compute/Calcul Canada, University of Guelph
- Organized and distributed by: AARMS, ACENET, the IRMACS Centre, SciNet, SHARCNET, WestGrid, and Compute Canada
- All talks are delivered over videoconferencing at 3:30 PM ADT, 4:00 PM Nfld. Please RSVP your local ACENET Collaboration Room.