ACENET operates ten Collaboration Rooms at our member universities. These rooms are equipped with modern videoconferencing tools and are available for our research community. This easy access to high quality videoconferencing makes training, seminars, research group meetings, thesis presentations, and meetings of any type widely available to our researchers and helps eliminate the need for travel.
ACENET's videoconferencing capabilities are based on the IOCOM technology which can communicate with both AccessGrid and H.323 based technologies. ACENET provides the central server infrastructure for all IOCOM sites within Compute Canada. Our IOCOM server has been federated with our AccessGrid venueserver removing the barriers to the easy communication between sites using either flavor of the technology.
ACENET Collaboration Rooms
|Institution||Description||Room Location||Booking Contact||Calendar|
|Dalhousie University||IOCOM Cart. 50" Plasma Displays||Dept. of Math & Stats, Chase Building Room 305||Mathematics Department|||
|Memorial University||IOCOM Cart. 50" Plasma Displays||Earth Sciences ER4015||Dianne O'Leary|||
|Mount Allison University||IOCOM Cart. 50" Plasma Displays||Bennet G02||Darren Spidell|||
|Saint Mary's University||IOCOM Projection Room||Science Building Rm 127||Florence Woolaver|||
|St. Francis Xavier University||IOCOM Cart. 50" Plasma Displays||42 West Street Room 203||Greg Lukeman|||
|University of New Brunswick||IOCOM Cart. 50" Plasma Displays||Gillin Hall GE 131||Lu Yang|||
|University of New Brunswick Saint John||IOCOM Cart. Plasma Displays||IH 215||Booking instructions for UNBSJ|
|Acadia University||IOCOM, Plasma displays||Huggins Science Hall, Room 154||Patti Davis|
|University of Prince Edward Island||IOCOM, Plasma Displays||Duffy Science Center, Room 202||Chris Vessey|||
|Cape Breton University||3 IOCOM Wall mount LCD Displays||Technology Center T35||Peg Cummings|||
Desktop Video Conferencing
- ACENET provides a desktop video conference client to all ACENET members. This software is compatible with our ACENET room systems, and can also be used for desktop-to-desktop video conferences between colleagues.
- To sign up for a desktop video conference account, please register with your primary institutional email address:
- Changes to your desktop account can be made by logging in on our primary collaboration server.
- Support documents and FAQs are available at IOCOM Support.
- You can also access software support from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The ACENET technical team can help you (click Ask Support) incorporate videoconferencing into your work.
- ACENET Visimeet Collaboration Server (need a videoconferencing username/password)
- ACENET IGMeeting Collaboration Server - AG compatible (need a videoconferencing username/password)
- YouTube: Breakfast Television ACENET Systems Administrator Phil Romkey talking about videoconferencing on Breakfast Television
- IOCOM website