Our users have access to advanced computing resources at ACENET and throughout Compute Canada.
These advanced computing resources include
- A wide array of High Performance Computing and storage systems
- Big Data and Data Analytics tools and environments
- Compute Canada’s Cloud computing and development environment
- Leading edge GPU computing systems
- High speed, secure file transfer with the Globus Portal
- Extensive software library
- GenAP computing platform to access and use genomic datasets
- Data storage and back-up systems that provide stability and security options over your desktop
- Desktop and mobile videoconferencing
- Collaboration rooms at most ACENET partner institutions to deliver and view large videoconferences.
ACENET Advanced Computing Systems
ACENET operates several computing clusters located at our partner institutions throughout Atlantic Canada.
|Mahone||A 532 core parallel computing cluster located at Saint Mary’s University, based on AMD Opteron CPUs and the Myrinet high speed interconnect.|
|Placentia||A 3756 core heterogenous cluster located at Memorial University serving a wide array of research needs. Features Infiniband high speed interconnect and access to the GAUSSIAN computational chemistry package.|
|Fundy||A 636 core parallel computing cluster located at the University of New Brunswick featuring Infiniband and high memory nodes.|
|Glooscap||A 2196 core general purpose computing cluster located at Dalhousie University with half a Petabyte of attached storage.|
For more detailed information on our computing systems and environments, please see our Technical Wiki.